I imagine hell on earth is subjective for all of us. For some it’s the 5 freeway during rush hour. For others it’s the DMV. I know a buddy of mine would say it’s the tampon isle, no matter who’s in it. We all know our own personal hell–or hell’s if you’re as blessed as me to stumble upon audacity’s at full capacities.
The entrance to hell, for me, is on the corner of online and dating. It’s a pretty big door these days, and I’ve opened it often. I spent a few months staring at its ever-inviting hinges, wondering what was on the other side and if I had been missing anything. I knew what was waiting for me beyond the boards of normalcy and I continued to sift through my options like it wouldn’t soon emerge as the firey pits of Satan’s lair. And then I knocked…
Online dating answered. Like the scriptured geological demon it is. Hell is every message that brings me such distaste for mankind that I can barely tolerate not taking my own loneliness and banishing myself to it for all of eternity. [You know, so I could avoid having to communicate with the mentally challenged.]
I’ve compiled a list of the top ten “nopes” that online dating has to offer someone like me just to outline the every-day reminders of living in a generational fail:
1. Your name is “Mars” “eyecandy8”, “notadouche85” or Dj fucking anything. Might as well call yourself “single4ever” and call a spade a spade.
2. You want to know if “you can ask me a personal question.” Sure, I hope you wanna know how I’m gonna kill myself after I minimize the screen with this first message on it.
3. You spell grammar wrong. Spelling mistakes aren’t ironic; they’re idiotic.
5. You have five photos of the same selfie, just different mouth situations.
6. Your profile picture is of a puppy. You’re cheating. I can’t swipe left on a 6 week American Eskimo. I’m NOT A MONSTER.
7. You’re an over sharer.
8. Penis shadows. That’s a Chiquita; you’re not fooling anybody.
9. Shits blank=shits weak. “I’ll fill this in later” is the same as “ill be ready in five minutes.”
10. You AND your gf think I’m cute. I have a three some every night. Two dogs; one owner.
My hell probably isn’t your hell, but frankly my heaven involves a vat of hot fudge and a restored collection of choose your own adventure books. So, needless to say, people differ. Especially in their approach at connections. The only thing I connect with on the above is that it’s never just one. Someone is handing out a book on dating and sabotaging human kind from ever receiving the love they deserve. Probably Satan; which my phone keeps autocorrecting to Sarah. It’s that bitch, Sarah. Find her.